Alcami recently contributed to a roundtable discussion in Pharma's Almanac magazine, answering the question:
"What truly novel therapies in the earliest stages of discovery and development do you believe will have a significant impact in the future?"
The article shares insights to this question from Alcami, along with other companies in the biologics space.
According to Alcami's Vice President of Commercial Operations, Jason Spacek, "Cell and gene therapies represent the leading edge of medicine and have the potential to impact many patients’ lives. The advent of CRISPR technology catapulted these emerging therapies into the world, with the first FDA IND approval for clinical trials occurring very recently. This targeted gene-editing technology also enabled the next generation of CAR-T therapy development, which has been shown to drastically improve the quality of life for patients with several different types of lymphoma. By harnessing the potential of genetic engineering, these cutting-edge therapies can be used for tumor-targeting cancer therapies, neurodegenerative disorders, orphan diseases, and so much more."
MORE CONTENT ON BIOLOGICS
- White Paper: Structural Characterization of Biologics Using High-Resolution Mass Spectrometry
- Understanding Biologics: Your Top 7 Questions Answered
- ON-DEMAND ALCAMI MASTER CLASS WEBINAR: Early Phase Development of Biologics
- Alcami Kickstarts Biologics Enterprise to Advance Treatments for Complex Medical Conditions
- ON-DEMAND WEBINAR: Extractables & Leachables 101: The Past, Present, and Future
Ready to Get Started?