Particularly Relevant to Explore the Properties of Oral
Solid Dose Formulations.
Solid state chemistry is the study of the synthesis, structure, and properties of solid phase materials, particularly, but not necessarily exclusively of, non-molecular solids. This area of inquiry and analysis is particularly relevant to explore the properties of oral, solid dose formulations. Alcami fields this analytical capability through its Center of Excellence for Crystallization and Solid State Chemistry at the our active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) development facility in the Netherlands.
- Crystallization Study – crystallize to obtain stable solids, for purification or isolation
- Material Characterization – polymorph identification
- Solubility Determination – in production solvents and buffer solutions
- Salt Selection – suitable form selection
- Polymorph Study – behavior in production solvents
- Crystallization Process Development – combine optimal synthesis conditions with optimal crystallization conditions
- Crystal Habit Optimization – control of particle size and shape